This article will take you through every step needed to create a Woobox campaign. Whether it’s a sweepstakes or a coupon, most of the same principles will apply. You should at least be aware of all of the options available to you on this page (though a lot of contests will not need every single option).
- Edit the Settings. Make sure the start and end dates are set up to match your campaign’s time-frame, entry restrictions are chosen, and other settings depending on the campaign type.
- Add form fields. By default, most of our experience types will collect names and email addresses. To add additional fields to your form, go to the Design section and click Add Form Field on the left. If your campaign does not have a form element, you can add one by clicking Add New Element.
- Customize with Images or HTML. Go to the Design section to add an Element like an image, video, text, or HTML. You can click to select any element on the page to change its content either with or without HTML.
CSS and HTML are available on the Advanced and Power plans. If you are on the Basic or Standard plans, you will need to upgrade to use custom CSS or HTML.
- Customize Share Text. By default, the share title comes from the Title you originally gave the campaign. If you want users to share something different, enter a sharing title in the Sharing area of the Overview section. You can also click to select the share element in the Design section to edit the sharing options for end-users.
- Enable Hashtag Entry (for photo and video contests). By default, entrants can submit photos via file upload on the Entry page of the campaign. However, from the Overview page you can set up hashtag entry as well. More information on hashtags here.
- Customize Text/Language. If you want to change wording in the campaign, such as “Enter this contest” or “Get a coupon”, go to Language in the campaign’s Settings section.
- Preview. You can do this by clicking on your Woobox Campaign URL found at the top of the dashboard while managing your campaign. Note: If the offer’s start date is in the future, you can either make the contest active based on the start and end dates to view it live, or click “View campaign” in the admin toolbar on the preview screen. It will not be public but in a testing environment called Admin Only mode.
- Publish the campaign. When created, a campaign is only visible to admins. To publish it, go to the Overview page and click “Publish”.
- Embed in your Website. The “Embed on Website” area on the Overview page of your campaign dashboard gives you the code you can copy and paste into your website to embed the contest there.
- Post the woobox.com campaign link. Copy and paste the campaign URL into your news feed, share on Twitter, via emails, and anywhere you promote or advertise.
- Pick a winner. Once your contest is over, head to the Participants section of your dashboard to choose 1 or more winners. You can do this as often as you need to, even during the contest.
- Export your data. Woobox provides a CSV file with all of the information that users have provided to you (as well as any uploaded files and traffic stats). You can find more information on how to export data here.