Instagram’s API is changing. To continue using Instagram features inside Woobox such as Instagram hashtag entries or the Instagram Static Tab, you’ll need to:
- Grant new Facebook permissions to Woobox
- Convert your Instagram account to a Business Profile
- Link your Instagram Business Profile to your Facebook Business Page
Let’s get started.
Grant the Permissions
To grant the new Facebook permissions to Woobox, log in to your dashboard and visit the Business Settings > External Connections section. If you haven’t granted the permissions yet, you’ll see a green “Grant Instagram Permissions” button.
Click that button and you will be asked to grant further permissions from Facebook. Click through the dialog and the permissions will be granted.
Your Woobox account and business must be connected to Facebook for this button to appear.
Convert your Instagram account
These steps are not available on desktop computers – they must be done within the Instagram app on your mobile device.
If you’re more of a visual learner, this walk-through video from Instagram is great!
- While logged into Instagram, view your profile and tap the “gear” icon.
- Scroll down and tap “Switch to Business Profile”
- Tap the blue Facebook button that reads “Continue as [your name]”.
- On the next screen, tap the business page you want to connect to your Instagram profile.
- Tap “Next” in the upper right corner of the screen. Your business information will be imported from the Facebook page, and you can edit the info or add more on this screen.
- Now, tap “Done” in the upper right corner.
Now your Woobox account is connected to your Instagram Business Profile and you can install an Instagram tab, use the Posts section for Instagram, and enable hashtag entry from Instagram in UGC contests.
If you have any questions about this update or need assistance getting connected, contact us!