Instagram’s API is changing. To continue using Instagram features inside Woobox such as Instagram hashtag entries or the Instagram Static Tab, you’ll need to:
- Grant new Facebook permissions to Woobox
- Convert your Instagram account to a Business Profile
- Link your Instagram Business Profile to your Facebook Business Page
Let’s get started.
Grant the Permissions
To grant the new Facebook permissions to Woobox, log in to your dashboard and visit the Business Settings > External Connections section. If you haven’t granted the permissions yet, you’ll see a green “Grant Instagram Permissions” button.
Click that button and you will be asked to grant further permissions from Facebook. Click through the dialog and the permissions will be granted.
Your Woobox account and business must be connected to Facebook for this button to appear.
Convert your Instagram account
These steps are not available on desktop computers – they must be done within the Instagram app on your mobile device.
To switch your profile to a professional account:
- Go to your profile and tap the menu icon (3 lines) in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings (the ‘gear’ icon).
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
- If you’d like, you can follow the steps to connect your professional account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This step is optional, and will make it easier to use all of the features available for businesses across the Facebook family of apps. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your professional account.
Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
Now your Woobox account is connected to your Instagram Business Profile and you can install an Instagram tab, use the Posts section for Instagram, and enable hashtag entry from Instagram in UGC contests.
If you have any questions about this update or need assistance getting connected, contact us!